Kare ayam. Although originally from India, curry has spread worldwide with countries adapting it to their own traditional tastes. Indonesia's twist on curry is Kari Ayam, made of tender chicken cooked in a creamy broth full of fragrant spices like turmeric, cumin and galangal. If you are looking for a flavorful and spicy dish, Kari Ayam is for you.
Think curry flavours with even more flavours. Kare is a Javanese dish and a very close cousin of opor. Kari usually has a foreign origin that evolves and adapted into Indonesian cuisine. You can cook Kare ayam using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kare ayam
- Prepare 1/2 kg of ayam potong.
- You need 600 ml of air.
- It’s of Daun bawang+ bawang goreng.
- It’s Secukupnya of Garam dan gula.
- Prepare 1 of scht santan kara.
- Prepare of Bumbu halus.
- You need 5 of bawang merah.
- It’s 3 of bawang putih kating.
- It’s 4 of Cabe merah.
- Prepare Secukupnya of cabe rawit.
- It’s 1 ruas of jahe.
- Prepare 1 ruas of kunyit.
- It’s 2 jumput of jinten bubuk.
- It’s 2 jumput of pala bubuk.
- You need 1/2 sdt of merica bubuk.
- You need 1 sdt of ketumbar bubuk.
- Prepare 1 butir of kemiri.
- Prepare of Bahan lain.
- It’s 2 lmbr of daun salam.
- You need 3 lmbr of daun jeruk.
- Prepare 1 btg of sere geprek.
- You need 3 cm of lengkuas geprek.
- It’s 1/2 of pekak.
Kare ayam Jawa has a thick and savory sauce that is just perfect with a bowl of steamed rice. The chicken is also very tender and almost falling off the bone. Kari ayam (malaysian chicken curry) I came across this curry for the first time in Masterchef Australia. Jules had prepared a delicious Chicken Ayam passed down to her from generations.
Kare ayam instructions
- Bersihkan semua bahan. Potong ayam menjadi beberapa bagian.sisihkan..
- Haluskan bumbu halus kemudian tumis bersama bumbu lain hingga tanak..
- Masukkan ayam aduk rata tunggu hingga ayam berubah warna. Tambahkan 600 ml air, garam, dan gula. Masak hingga ayam matang, saya tunggu 10 mnt..
- Tambahkan santan dan koreksi rasa. tunggu hingga mndidih kembali sambil sesekali diaduk. Terakhir tambahkan irisan daun bawang dan bawang goreng..
When i searched there were lot of versions floating around the internet. Most of them had same set of ingredients except one or two. Kari ayam has all c Kari Ayam is what they call this in Malaysia, in English simply Chicken Curry. It is a dish made out of chicken usually the bony parts like ribs, wings, thighs and legs marinated in a spice blend of chillies, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, shallots, belachan and candlenuts cooked with coconut milk together with potatoes served with rice and roti. Chicken curry or Kare Ayam is very delicious.