Teochew steamed pomfret. Don't be fooled by the clear broth and what seem to be plebeian ingredients, because this dish will shock your palette with its tangy, savory and spicy flavors. Steamed pomfret represents quintessential Teochew cooking. The unique, distinct flavour of the broth arising from the cooked juices of the fish, which retains the full-bodied taste and freshness of the fish, and the complementary addition of salted plums, brings out the soul of Teochew cuisine.
Stuff a couple of pieces of ginger into the cavity of the fish. Scatter the remaining ingredients on and around the fish. TRICK OF THE TRADE This simple and healthy crowdpleaser can be whipped up in under an hour, and goes great with a bowl of piping hot steamed rice! You can cook Teochew steamed pomfret using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Teochew steamed pomfret
- You need of .medium size pomfret.
- It’s of .helai jahe/potong korek api.
- You need of .cabe merah/potong korek api.
- You need of .tomat/potong menjadi 6bagian.
- Prepare of .jamur kering /potong tipis.
- It’s of .batang daun bawang/potong korek api.
- You need of .plums.
- You need of .sdm saus kedelai ringan.
- It’s of .sdm minyak sayur.
Place the pomfret on top of the ginger and arrange shiitake mushrooms, tomato and salted vegetable around the pomfret. Sprinkle the remaining ginger over the pomfret. Squeeze the pickled plum over the pomfret. Teochew steamed fish is easy to make at home and the ingredients are relatively easy to get.
Teochew steamed pomfret instructions
- Kupas setengah iris tipis potong korek api.
- Buat dua bagian iris panjang d bagian badan ikan lalu taburi sedikit garam tepuk tepuk ikan d atas piring.
- Lalu siram dengan saus kedelai dan biarkan selama 20 menit.
- Lalu taburi jahe cabe merah tomat jamur daun bawang minyak sayur dan plum.
- Setelah itu kukus selama 10menit lalu siap untuk d hidangkan.
- Tes rasa.
- Selamat mencoba.
One of the reason why Malaysian food is so interesting is because of the diverse racial composition of different ethnic groups: the Malays (native), Chinese (mostly came from southern China), and Indian (mostly from southern Indian). Steamed pomfret is a classic Teochew dish and Mr Koh of Fragrant Garden Teochew restaurant shows us how he cooks it at the restuarant! This is the best way to savour the soft, tender flesh of the Chinese Pomfret (pampus chinensis, dao chior). Tasty Steamed Teochew Pomfret In Foil (清蒸斗鲳) To make a good dish of Pomfret, the fish has to be as fresh as possible. Mum also said it's important to get White Pomfret, the more expensive one.