Bitterballen. The bitterballen in the Netherlands are made with meat that is cooked to the point where it falls apart. The best are referred to as meat threads, draadjes vlees. So you cook the seasoned meat till it falls apart, then add the flour to the pan and make a roux, add the liquid, water or broth depending on how well seasoned the meat was to begin with and cook until the flour has the consistency of extremely thick gravy.
Bitterballen (plural of bitterbal) are popular Dutch snacks. Breaded and fried and most often made with meat and gravy, we like to think of them as a cross between a croquette and a meatball. Dutch Meatballs (Bitterballen) are a classic Dutch bar snack. You can cook Bitterballen using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bitterballen
- You need of terigu (sangrai dengan api kecil hingga terasa ringan).
- You need of kentang, rebus/kukus, haluskan.
- You need of dada ayam, rebus suwir.
- Prepare of bawang bombai, cincang halus.
- Prepare of wortel potong dadu kecil.
- You need of daun bawang.
- It’s of kuning telur, kocok lepas.
- You need of campur air kaldu ayam(bekas rebusan ayam) 400ml &susu cair 100ml.
- Prepare of gula,1 sdt garam 1 sdt merica bubuk,1/2 sdt pala bubuk.
- Prepare of kaldu bubuk (bisa diskip).
- You need of untuk lapisan luar 4putih telur+ 2sdm terigu + 10sdm air terigu.
Bitterballen, one of Holland's favorite snacks, are bite-size beef and gravy croquettes usually served along with beer. Crunchy on the outside, melting on the inside, bitterballen (singular: bitterbal) are typical Dutch snacks containing minced beef and/or veal. The round version of croquettes The Swiss have their raclette, the Italians their pizza, the French their boeuf bourguignon and the Dutch their kroketten (plural of kroket), and bitterballen, although it is very much the same recipe, only the bitterbal has a different shape. Bitterballen are one of Holland's favorite snacks.
Bitterballen step by step
- Cairkan margarin, masukkan bawang bombai, tumis sampai harum.
- Masukkan wortel dan daun bawang.
- Masukkan campuran air kaldu, kuning telur.
- Tunggu hingga mendidih dan wortel empuk, masukkan ayam, koreksi rasa.
- Masukkan terigu dan kentang, aduk rata hingga menjadi adonan dan bisa dipulung.
- Angkat, bentuk bulat, gulingkan pada tepung terigu, celupkan putih telur, balurkan panir, celup putih telur lagi, balurkan panir lagi, diamkan hingga set. Atau bisa disimpan di freezer, goreng saat ingin disajikan. Saat menggoreng gunakan api sedang. Pada dasarnya bahan2 nya sudah matang didalam, jadi penggorengan ini hanya untuk mematangkan lapisan luar.
Served shaped as a log ( kroket) or in bite-size rounds, bitterballen were often served as an aperitif, or tapa, before lunch or dinner. Take a heaping tablespoon of the cold, thick sauce and quickly roll it into a small ball. Roll lightly through the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Remove the balls from the pan and set aside to drain on kitchen paper. Choose a map marker or use our "Store Locator" for the nearest distributor to you.