Roti Jala. A savory crepe typically eaten alongside a fragrant Malaysian chicken curry, roti jala is Malay for "net bread," referring to the bread's delicate lace-like design. When translated, Roti Jala literally means "net bread" because of its lacy or net-like appearance. Well made Roti Jala is tender and delicate.
Special Cup with Nozzles To Make Roti Jala Roti canai is probably Malaysia's more famous roti, but the lacy, crepe-like pancakes known as roti jala are even prettier—and much simpler to make. A simple batter of eggs, coconut milk, and flour is drizzled in concentric circles onto a hot pan, cooking in seconds and then folded to form a loose, netlike pancake whose nooks and crannies are ideally suited to mopping up curries and sauces. Roti jala, also known as roti kirai, roti renjis or pancake lace, is a traditional Malaysian lace sort of crepe also found in Indonesia and Singapore. You can cook Roti Jala using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roti Jala
- It’s 250 gram of tepung terigu.
- It’s 2 butir of telur ayam (kocok ringan).
- You need 300 ml of air.
- It’s 2 sdm of minyak sayur.
- Prepare Secukupnya of garam.
Roti is the Urdu , Malaysian and Indonesian word for bread, while the word jala literally means "mesh bread". Roti Jala is a Malay word with a direct translation to 'Roti = Bread Jala = Net' and is often served at festivals or celebrations such as Hari Raya or at weddings. This beautiful yellow lacy crepe is usually vegetarian and made from a mixture of flour, eggs, coconut milk, water, and a hint of turmeric. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, water, coconut milk, eggs, salt, and turmeric until smooth. (If any clumps remain, run mixture through a sieve.) Using a sharp-pointed knife (a corkscrew or nail works just as well), poke three holes in the cap of a plastic water bottle.
Roti Jala instructions
- Campur semua bahan, air secukupnya sampai dapat tidak terlalu kental atau terlalu cair. Namun dituang tidak putus…
- Blender semua adonan kira2 1-2 menit sampai halus dan tidak ada gumpalan. Proses ini penting, supaya adonan tidak menyumbat di lubang cetakan nya..
- Siapkan alat cetakan roti jala untuk menuang adonan diatas Teflon, alat nya bisa dibeli di toko kue online.
- Bentuk adonan di Teflon. Biarkan 30 detik, angkat (tidak usah dibalik Yah).
- Ulangi dengan sisa adonan, lipat lipat sesuai selera..
- Siap dihidangkan roti jala nya dengan kuah kari atau sesuai selera 👌🏻😋.
Fill the bottle with your pancake batter. Roti Jala is a very traditional Malaysian recipe usually made during the Malay festive holidays. This is also a popular roadside snack often served with curry dishes. Roti Jala Recipe aka net or lacy pancakes means net bread which is translated from the Malay word "jala". These lacy crepes are usually eaten for breakfast or afternoon tea snack.