Kare ayam. Although originally from India, curry has spread worldwide with countries adapting it to their own traditional tastes. Indonesia's twist on curry is Kari Ayam, made of tender chicken cooked in a creamy broth full of fragrant spices like turmeric, cumin and galangal. If you are looking for a flavorful and spicy dish, Kari Ayam is for you.
What it is is sure to please. Kare is a Javanese dish and a very close cousin of opor. Kari usually has a foreign origin that evolves and adapted into Indonesian cuisine. You can cook Kare ayam using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kare ayam
- Prepare 500 gr of ayam.
- It’s of Bumbu cemplung:.
- Prepare 2 batang of serai.
- Prepare 2 lembar of daun jeruk.
- Prepare 2 lembar of daun salam.
- It’s 2 ruas of lengkuas.
- Prepare of Bumbu halus:.
- It’s 5 siung of bawang merah.
- Prepare 5 siung of bawang putih.
- You need 2 buah of cabe merah besar bunga bijinya.
- It’s of Cabe rawit (saya skip).
- You need 3 butir of kemiri.
- Prepare 65 ml of santan instan.
- Prepare of Air.
- Prepare of Gula, garam n kaldu jamur.
- You need of Bawang goreng buat taburan.
Kare ayam Jawa has a thick and savory sauce that is just perfect with a bowl of steamed rice. The chicken is also very tender and almost falling off the bone. Kari ayam (malaysian chicken curry) I came across this curry for the first time in Masterchef Australia. Jules had prepared a delicious Chicken Ayam passed down to her from generations.
Kare ayam step by step
- Rebus ayam terlebih dahulu ±10 menit buat menghilangkan darahnya. Angkat dan sisihkan.
- Tumis bumbu halus sampai matang dan berbau wangi.
- Masukkan ayam dan aduk2 sampai bumbu tercampur rata lalu masukkan bumbu cemplung.
- Tambahkan air sampai ayamnya terendam semua. Masak sampai air menyusut dan bumbu merasuk ke ayam.
- Terakhir masukkan santan, gula, garam dan kaldu jamur. Aduk2 sampai matang dan koreksi rasa. Angkat dan sajikan.
When i searched there were lot of versions floating around the internet. Most of them had same set of ingredients except one or two. Kari ayam has all c Kari Ayam is what they call this in Malaysia, in English simply Chicken Curry. It is a dish made out of chicken usually the bony parts like ribs, wings, thighs and legs marinated in a spice blend of chillies, ginger, garlic, lemon grass, shallots, belachan and candlenuts cooked with coconut milk together with potatoes served with rice and roti. Chicken curry or Kare Ayam is very delicious.